Looking for a job with a purpose? Work for a non-profit and not a soul crushing alternative.
St. Vincent de Paul gives back to our community right here in Allegheny County (and surrounding counties) and you are making a difference in other people’s lives just by working here! It’s a fun, rewarding, and a fast-paced place to work!
Box Truck Drivers are responsible for pick-ups and deliveries of all donated goods and materials. Providing timely, safe vehicle operations, as well as abiding by all State, Federal, and Local laws. SVdP Box Truck Drivers provide a point of contact for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul when interacting with donors, clients, and customers. Box Truck Drivers uphold the mission and values of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the performance of duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Abide by all State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations regarding the safe operation of vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate assigned equipment in a safe manner utilizing defensive driving techniques.
- Perform ALL scheduled pick-ups daily; maintaining a high level of customer service and courtesy with customers, donors, and coworkers.
- Perform scheduled ‘Voucher’ furniture deliveries as assigned. Demonstrate courtesy and understanding.
- Service SVdP donation boxes according to schedule; which includes removing ALL bags and loose items from the donation boxes.
- Complete all daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Responsible for utilizing fuel cards; and turning in all SIGNED
- Deliver merchandise, supplies to SVdP stores on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Off load truck each day, taking merchandise to appropriate area of the warehouse and/or stores.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times
- Complete all special assignments as requested by member of the SVdP Warehouse Management Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.