Looking for a job with a purpose? Work for a non-profit and not a soul crushing alternative.
St. Vincent de Paul gives back to our community right here in Allegheny County (and surrounding counties) and you are making a difference in other people’s lives just by working here! It’s a fun, rewarding, and a fast-paced place to work!
The Warehouse Laborer is responsible for completing labor intensive tasks related to day to day operations of the St. Vincent de Paul Warehouse and Retail Thrift store locations. Daily tasks completed by Warehouse Laborers may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist Box Truck Drivers with pick-ups and deliveries of donated goods and/or conference vouch orders.
- Operation of bale compactors in the salvage production process.
- Cleaning, organizing, sorting, and/or disposal of stored materials throughout the warehouse.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of truck and/or other vehicles.
- Assist with maintaining a clean, organized, safe workplace environment.
- Serves as a role model for SVdP at all times when interacting with donors, store employees, conference representatives, and conference clients.
- Upholds the mission and values of the Society of St. incent de Paul in the performance of duties.
- Will perform other duties as assigned or directed by a member of the SVdP Warehouse Management Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Box Truck Driver in picking up and delivering materials to SVdP stores.
- Assist the Box Truck Driver in picking up donations and other salvage materials.
- Assist the Box Truck Driver with scheduled pick-ups per schedule.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and courtesy with customers.
- Assist the Box Truck Driver with scheduled deliveries of conference furniture vouchers.
- Asist the Box Truck Driver with servicing SVdP donation boxes according to schedule, which includes removing ALL bags and loose items from the donation boxes.
- Assist with unloading trucks and sorting and storage of material in the warehouse.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Carry out any special assignments as directed by a member of the SVdP Warehouse Management Team.
Perform other duties as assigned.