Job Summary: Responsible for providing support to Vincentian volunteer leaders in establishing new Conferences (local groups of volunteers) and revitalizing existing Conferences. The candidate must uphold the mission and values of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the performance of duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide the District Council Presidents with information and technical assistance in establishing new Conferences within their districts.
2. Work with the District Council Presidents and Conference Presidents to revitalize existing Conferences by identifying and recruiting new members, providing pertinent educational and spiritual materials, developing programs for new and existing Vincentians, among other duties aimed at revitalizing Conferences.
3. Provide training to new and current Conference members.
4. Assist District Council Presidents and Conference Presidents in identifying areas of need and in formulating a plan to address those needs.
5. Explore avenues of recruiting new members through special events, providing volunteer opportunities, working with various diocesan organizations (e.g., college chaplains, pastoral ministers, etc.).
6. Assist with composition of a quarterly newsletter to inform Conference members and selected donors of important events and issues within the Society.
7. Assist the District Council Presidents and Conference Presidents in distributing relevant materials and information to their Conferences from the local and national offices.
8. Prepare the annual Diocesan Council Report to the national office.
9. Work with the Formation Committee to develop presentations to all Vincentians.
10. Work with staff to develop programs for staff.
11. When invited, participate at meetings of the District Councils and Conferences and the board of directors.
12. Assist with special events as needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job may have to supervise the duties of volunteers and part-time or full-time staff.
1. Bachelor of Arts degree.
2. At least two (2) years of experience with recruiting and managing volunteers in a charitable organization setting.
3. Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience and experience/ability to compose newsletters and other written correspondence.
4. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail computer software.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and weekends.
1. The ability to get along with others and work as a team player.
2. The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
3. The ability to shift focus from one task to another.
4. The ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
5. The ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and appropriate insurance coverage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit at a desk, operate a vehicle, operate office equipment, manipulate and carry physical records and supplies, and interact with various individuals, among other regular activities requiring light to moderate physical exertion. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk throughout SVdP and external facilities, among other occasional activities requiring light to moderate physical exertion.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions when traveling. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate because it is an open office setting. The employee may be exposed to loud noise when driving to external sites. The employee may choose to work from home or another preferred remote location except when required to be at certain places for work-related objectives.
Employment Criteria: SVDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against an employee or candidate because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other factor specified in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1983 and subsequent amendments, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C 1681 et seq., the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other pertinent federal and state laws regarding discrimination. SVDP guards the legal rights of citizens to privacy and as a measure of protection against any type of abuse, molestation, sexual harassment, and privacy intrusion, reserves the right to conduct pre-employment legal background checks and other measures aimed at defending the wellbeing and the right of those that come in contact with staff.